Think you know your movie trivia? You can win free popcorn AND a copy of the IMDb’s top movie, The Shawshank Redemption*—sent to you in the mail—by simply answering the following questions.
One week from today I will toss everyone’s name into a hat who have taken the quiz AND for every right answer you give your name will be given that many extra ballots!
The deadline is next Tuesday, Jan 27 at midnight.
Copy and paste the following 10 questions into an email and send it to me with your answers: firstname.lastname@example.org
POPCORN POP QUIZ, JAN 2015
1. All of Grace Kelly’s leading men (except for one) had this in common:
a) They were all old enough to be her father
b) They were all paid less than she for each respective film
c) They were all related to her by at least two generations
2. Robin Williams attended Juliard with this actor. They remained close friends as they both attained fame in movies.
a) Christopher Lloyd
b) Christopher Walken
c) Christopher Reeve
3. Heath Ledger partly based his portrayal of Joker on punk rocker Sid Vicious and the main character of this movie:
a) A Clockwork Orange
b) The Shining
c) The Seventh Seal
4. What is Robert DeNiro’s favourite movie?
a) Tommy Boy
b) Billy Madison
c) National Lampoon’s Vacation
5. Lucille La Verne voiced both the evil queen and the old hag she turned into in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. What unorthodox method did she use to perfect her old hag’s voice?
a) Tied a scarf too tight around her neck
b) Drank clam juice; she was allergic to shellfish
c) Took out her false teeth
6. This movie was initially meant to be a sequel to Commando starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, but he turned the role down:
a) Lethal Weapon
b) Die Hard
c) Con Air
7. Which of the following actresses did not audition for the part of Annie in the 1982 movie of the same name?
a) Kristin Chenoweth
b) Cameron Diaz
c) Drew Barrymore
8 Which was the highest grossing film of 2014?
a) Transformers: Age of Extinction
b) The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies
c) Guardians of the Galaxy
9. The highest grossing film of all time is Avatar. However, when adjustments are made for inflation, this classic bumps it into second place.
a) The Ten Commandments
b) The Wizard of Oz
c) Gone With The Wind
10. Which movie did Stephen King proclaim as the single most faithful adaptation of his work?
a) The Green Mile
c) The Shining
*If the winner already has a copy of The Shawshank Redemption… well… we’ll talk.