WE HAVE A WINNER! But first, let’s take a look at the answers to the questions:
1. A – All of Grace Kelly’s leading men were old enough to be her father. The one exception was William Holden who was 11 years her senior. She was also romantically involved with all of her leading men, except for one: James Stewart.
2. C – Robin Williams went to Juliard with Christopher Reeve. They remained close until Reeve’s death in 2004.
3. A – Heath Ledger’s Joker is partly based on Alex from A Clockwork Orange.
4. B – Believe it or not, Robert DiNiro’s favourite movie is Billy Madison.
5. C – All Lucille La Verne did to give her evil sounding old hag voice that edge was take out her false teeth.
6. B – Thankfully Arnie decided not to do a sequel to Commando. And thankfully X10 Bruce Willis accepted the John McClane role.
7. B – Though both Kristin Chenoweth and Drew Barrymore auditioned to play the lead of Annie when they were little girls, Cameron Diaz (who plays in the 2014 version) did not.
8. A – Most of you said Guardians of the Galaxy, which is what I would have said as well. But on a world-wide scale, the movie that raked in the most cash was Transformers: Age of Extinction.
9. C – Considering how quickly inflation rises year after year, perhaps the top one will never be beat: Gone With the Wind
10. A – The Green Mile. And though most of us rave about The Shining, King did not like this adaptation at all.
All names were put into a hat with extra ballots for correct answers given, the winner was the one who got the most correct in the first place with a whopping 9 out of 10:
Congratulations James. You will receive your own copy of The Shawshank Redemption and popcorn to go with it shortly. Thank you all for playing. Maybe next time will be your moment of victory at Popcorn Pop Quiz!