It’s that time again. Win yourself a bag of popcorn by getting the most answers correct. The following 20 questions are all Disney-themed, in honour of a very memorable trip to Disneyland that our family took this past summer.
Submit your answers to me at firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight this Sunday night (Sept. 27). I will announce the winner and the answers one week from today, Tuesday, Sept. 29/15. So without any further ado, here are the questions…
1. Since 1969, Disney has made five movies (plus one TV movie) about a Volkswagen Beetle named “Herbie.” What was the very first film named?
b) Herbie the Love Bug
c) The Love Bug
d) Herbie Running Wild
2. How many times does Cinderella lose a shoe in the movie of the same name?
c) Three times
d) Four times
3. Which of the following is NOT true about the film Bedknobs and Broomsticks?
a) Julie Andrews played the lead role
b) It was the last Disney film to receive an Academy Awared until The Little Mermaid
c) There is an animated soccer game in it
d) It was the last Disney film released while Roy O. Disney was still alive
4. When Walt Disney was a young boy he carelessly killed an animal, which brought him so much remorse he vowed never again to kill a living creature. This was the beginning of his interest in personalizing animals. What kind of animal did he kill?
a) A deer
b) A mouse
c) An owl
d) A fox
5. Mickey Mouse’s official birthday is Nov 18, 1928. What is significant about this date?
a) It was the day Walt and Lillian Disney got married
b) It was the release date of Steamboat Willie
c) It was the first day of operation for Walt’s new business enterprise, Disney Studios
d) It was the birthdate of Walt and Lillian Disney’s first child
6. In 2014, the American Film Institute (AFI) released a list of the top movie songs of all time. Coming in at #7, and ranking the highest amount Disney animated feature films was:
a) “When You Wish Upon a Star” – Pinocchio
b) “Hakuna Matata” – The Lion King
c) “Someday My Prince Will Come” – Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
d) “Part of Your World” – The Little Mermaid
7. Which Muppet Movie was the first made under the Disney name?
a) The Muppets Take Manhattan
b) A Muppet Christmas Carol
c) Muppet Treasure Island
d) Muppets Most Wanted
8. Which Disney/Pixar film is the only one to not have a Pizza Planet truck appearance?
a) Cars II
b) Inside Out
d) The Incredibles
9. Which of the following is NOT true of the movie Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey
a) The film is dedicated to its producer who died during filming
b) It is a remake of a 1963 movie
c) Sassy the cat is voiced by Diane Keaton, who was reluctant to take the role
d) The film features a Himalayan cat, an American pit bull, and a golden retriever as main characters
10. What was the first animated Disney feature film to be released on DVD?
d) Lady and the Tramp
11. In 2008, AFI released a top ten list of the greatest animated films. How many of the ten films were Disney movies?
12. Which of the following live action Disney flicks was released in 1977?
a) The Shaggy D.A.
b) The Black Hole
c) Pete’s Dragon
d) The Apple Dumpling Gang
13. Disney World has only closed three times since it first opened in 1971, and the
three instances happened relatively close to each other. The terrorist attacks of 9/11 in 2001 closed the park as well as a 2002 power failure. The third was in 1999. What caused the closure?
a) A mass shooting in Mall at Millenia, Orlando’s largest shopping centre
b) A Y2K mega-computer failure
c) A bomb scare phoned in by a 12-year-old
d) Hurricane Floyd
14. Which rock band is the focus of Disney World’s Rockin’ Rollercoaster?
c) Pearl Jam
d) Van Halen
15. When Walt Disney passed away in 1966, his last words were the first and last name of an actor who just signed a 10-year contract with Walt Disney Studios. Who was it?
a) Tim Conway
b) Buddy Hackett
c) Mickey Rooney
d) Kurt Russell
16. Each year Disney World’s electricity bill averages:
a) $100 million
b) $250 million
c) $750 million
d) $0 (they own their own power plant)
17. Which Disney computer-animated movie was released exactly 75 years to the day after the first ever Walt Disney animation film?
c) Wreck-It Ralph
18. When the popular weekly TV program Wonderful World of Disney aired it had a different name in its first five years (1954-1960). What was it?
a) Disney World
b) Disney Land
c) Walt’s Wonderful World of Disney
d) The Mickey Mouse Club
19. Which was the first television network to air Wonderful World of Disney?
20. Which is the only Disney animated feature film to reach the 2-hour mark?
b) Oliver and Company
c) The Sword and the Stone
How did you do? Find out next week…
Movie of the Week