Ok, you have 5 days to send your answers in, which means on Sunday night (Nov 20) at midnight, time’s up. Simply send an email to email@example.com with your answers to the following 15 questions. The easiest thing to do is copy the quiz below and paste it into an email, then highlight (bold or underline) your selection for each question. Winner gets a free DVD in the mail!
1. The villain in Disney’s Wall-E is reminiscent of Hal in 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968). What is this evil robot’s name in Wall-E?
2. In Home Alone (1990), Daniel Stern and Joe Pesci are “the Wet Bandits.” Stern’s character is Marv Merchants. What is Pesci’s character name?
a) Harry Lemon
b) Harry Lime
c) Hank Marley
d) Hank Polinski
3. Which movie’s evil villain is Nurse Ratched?
a) A Clockwork Orange
b) The Rocky Horror Picture Show
c) Patch Adams
d) One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
4. Which of the following was not an inspiration to Wes Craven in his creation of Freddy Krueger?
a) His favourite comic book character, Wolverine
b) A bully from his childhood named Fred Krueger
c) The movie The Last House on the Left (1972)
d) A hobo he saw staring at him through his window when he was 10
5. In 1982, Carol Burnett gave an unforgettable performance as Miss Hannigan in Annie. Who played this same role in the 2014 version?
a) Phylicia Rashad
b) Octavia Spencer
c) Drew Barrymore
d) Cameron Diaz
6. Which of the following Disney villain quotes Shakespeare’s Macbeth in a song?
d) Governor Ratcliffe
7. Who did Tom Hardy base the voice he used for Bane in The Dark Knight Rises?
a) Audio tapes of Winston Churchill
b) A Welsh olympic shot put champion
c) An Irish bare-knuckle boxing champion
d) His great aunt
8. John Travolta, Brad Pitt, Roddy Piper, Chuck Norris, Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp, Patrick Swayze, and Kieffer Sutherland all auditioned for the role of what movie villain
a) Ivan Drago in Rocky IV
b) Hans Gruber in Die Hard
c) T-1000 in Terminator 2: Judgment Day
d) Tommy DeVito in Goodfellas
9. Which classic movie showcased a villain having “love” tattooed on one hand and “hate” on the other?
a) The Grapes of Wrath
b) On the Waterfront
c) Singin’ in the Rain
d) Night of the Hunter
10. Which movie villain yelled, “…and call off Christmas!” an ad libbed line by the actor?
a) Sheriff of Nottingham (Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves; Alan Rickman)
b) Captain Hook (Hook; Dustin Hoffman)
c) Dr. Evil (Austin Powers; Mike Myers)
d) Mugatu (Zoolander; Will Ferrell)
11. What hilarious villain said, “Say goodbye to your two best friends. And I don’t mean your pals in the Winnebago”?
a) Principal Ed Rooney (Ferris Bueller’s Day Off)
b) Megamind (Megamind)
c) Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)
d) Shooter McGavin (Happy Gilmour)
12. Which classic western stunned audiences by having Henry Fonda play the role of a villain?
b) A Fistful of Dollars
c) High Noon
d) Once Upon a Time in the West
13. What movie based on a Stephen King novel features a female villain named Annie Wilkes?
a) The Shawshank Redemption
c) Pet Sematary
14. What name was given to the mechanical shark by Steven Spielberg when filming Jaws?
15. What villain’s prop was sold at an auction in 2011 for over $126,500?
a) The Wicked Witch of the West’s crystal ball (The Wizard of Oz)
b) Mr. Potter’s wheelchair (It’s a Wonderful Life)
c) Jason’s Mask (Friday the 13th)
d) Biff Tannen’s car (Back to the Future)
Good luck everyone!
Movie of the WeekGood