TOP 12! Numbers 9-12 are all ones I haven’t seen, which explains why they are in the position they are. They make the list because of the amount of times I’ve heard them described as good, great, awesome, etc. I simply ordered them according to their IMDb score. And in this 150th year it is my goal to watch all four of these movies before Jan 1/2018.
Numbers 1-8 are ranked according to my own opinion, which just has to be right.
12. Bon Cop Bad Cop (2006, 7.0)
11. One Week (2008, 7.1)
9. TIE: The Red Violin (1998, 7.7) and Brokeback Mountain (2005, 7.7)
8. The Shipping News (2001)
7. Anne of Green Gables (1985)
6. Scott Pilgrim vs The World (2010)
5. Maudie (2016)
4. Canadian Bacon (1995)
3. The Grand Seduction (2013)
2. Strange Brew (1983)
1. Incendies (2010)
Happy Birthday Canada.
And congratulations Canadian Bacon. This is your week.
Best Actress: Rhea Perlman as Honey in Canadian Bacon.
Best Actor: John Candy as Sheriff Bud Boomer in Canadian Bacon.
Best Quote: Time for a quotable top ten.
Top ten great lines from Strange Brew:
10. DOUG: “I am your father, Luke. Give in to the dark side of the force, you knob.”
BOB: “He saw Jedi 17 times, eh.”
9. “Jeez, two minutes for elbowing!”
8. “I was the last one left after the nuclear holocaust, eh. The whole world had been destroyed, like U.S. blew up Russia and Russia blew up U.S. and Canada. Fortunately, I had been offworld at the time. There wasn’t much to do. All the bowling alleys and donut shops had been wrecked. So’s I spent most of my time looking for beer.”
7. “If I didn’t have puke breath, I’d kiss you.”
6. “He’s gonna take a leak! Get outta the way!”
5. “He was already dead when I killed him.”
4. “Yeah. OK, well, uh, we found, uh, this mouse in a bottle of YOUR BEER, eh. Like, we was at a party and, uh, a friend of ours – a COP – had some, and HE PUKED. And he said, uh, come here and get free beer or, uh, he’ll press charges.”
3. “Well these are, like, referee skates. At least figure skaters know how to skate eh?”
2. “Somebody horked our clothes!”
1. “Take off or I’ll do the steamroller on you.”